Tasmanian Home and Community Care Support

The Tasmanian Home and Community Care program (Tas HACC) helps to support people who need help with daily living activities.  The program is funded by the Tasmanian Government to help those eligible to continue living independently.

To be eligible you must be:

  • under the aged of 65
  • living with a functional disability, chronic illness or mental illness
  • at risk of needing residential or acute care without HACC program supports
  • require ongoing assistance with maintaining your home.

Choosing Anglicare for your Tas HACC Support

When you choose Anglicare you will be cared for by a passionate team of trained professionals who:

  • support positive ageing, living well and maintaining independence at home
  • use a partnership approach
  • tailor our services to support your wellbeing
  • are driven by the Anglicare values of respect, compassion, hope and justice
  • believe all people should be treated with dignity and respect, with their basic rights protected.

Our goal is to support you while maintaining your independence and achieving positive health outcomes.

What support does Tas HACC Provide?

Your support may be in the form of:

  • personal care (full assistance or prompting) with personal hygiene
  • assistance with domestic tasks including laundry
  • accompanied/unaccompanied shopping
  • meal preparation
  • making social visits to support mental and/or emotional wellbeing
  • post-acute care following a hospital admission or period of ill health or treatment
  • working with you to declutter and clean the home.

What's Next?


Be Referred

You will need to be referred to the program through the Tasmanian Community Care Referral Service

You, your family, your carers, health professionals and other service providers can contact the Tasmanian Community Care Referral Service by phoning 1300 769 699 (during office hours), or by email tasccrservice@rdns.com.au


Request Anglicare

The Tasmanian Community Care Referral Service  will issue your referral to available service providers. You can request Anglicare as your service provider and we will contact you once we have received the referral.

Contact us